Regular Season Game 7, Overall Game 14
Where: Prudential Center | Newark, New Jersey
Date: Wednesday, October 22nd
Time: 6:00 PM Central Time
Stars TV/Radio: Fox Sports Southwest | 820 AM WBAP
Devils TV/Radio: MSG Plus | 660 AM WFAN
: 10/20 - W 2-1 - At - Recap - Scoresheet
: 10/18 - W 4-3 [SO] - At - Recap - Scoresheet
Official Team Site: DallasStars.com
HF Board: HFBoard.com - Dallas Stars
Fan Site #1: TheStarsFans.com
Fan Site #2: Unofficial Boards
Record: 2-3-1 with 5 Points
Standings: Pacific Division-2nd, Western Conference-11th, NHL-21st
Home Record: 1-1-1
Away Record: 1-2-0
Last 10 Games: 2-3-1 [1 Game Winning Streak]
Overtime Record: 0-1 [0-0 Shoot Out]
New Jersey Information
Official Team Site: NewJerseyDevils.com
HF Board: HFBoard.com - New Jersey Devils
Fan Site: DevilsRule.com
Record: 4-1-0 with 8 Points
Standings: Atlantic Division-3rd, Eastern Conference-6th, NHL-9th
Home Record: 1-0-0
Away Record: 3-1-0
Last 10 Games: 4-1-0 [2 Game Winning Streak]
Overtime Record: 2-0 [1-0 Shoot Out]
The Walzy Injury Report
Dallas - 3 Players Injured
Sergei Zubov - IR - Hip
Jere Lehtinen - Day-To-Day - Groin
Doug Janik - Day-To-Day - Facial Laceration
Total Man Games Lost: 16
New Jersey - 2 Players Injured
Bobby Holik - Week-To-Week - Broken Pinky
Brian Rolston - Day-To-Day - Sprained Ankle
Total Man Games Lost: 1
Last Game Recap
Opponent: Dallas @ New York
Result: Win 2-1
Article #1 - Dallas Morning News - "Stars dig a hole, climb out, hold on for 2-1 win."
Article #2 - Fort Worth Star-Telegram - "Turco, Stars shake off recent struggles."
Article #3 - New York Post - "Avery a Non-Factor in return to Garden."
Article #4 - New York Daily News - "Avery's Stars outshine Rangers."
1st - New York (0-1) - 0:58 - Naslund (Rozsival | Gomez) [PP]
2nd - Dallas (1-1) - 5:28 - Morrow (Brunnstrom | Richards) [PP]
3rd - Dallas (2-1) - 8:03 - Modano (Crombeen | Neal)
Dallas: 1st - 9 | 2nd - 12 | 3rd - 6 | Total - 27
New York: 1st - 8 | 2nd - 14 | 3rd - 7 | Total - 29
Powerplays: Dallas - 1 For 3 | New York - 1 For 2
Faceoffs: Dallas - 18 For 41 | New York - 23 For 41
Hits: Dallas - 35 | New York - 43
Takeaways: Dallas - 6 | New York - 14
Giveaways: Dallas - 2 | New York - 7
Blocked Shots: Dallas - 16 | New York - 8
Time on Ice: Dallas - Daley [24:39] | New York - Girardi [21:55]
Dallas: Turco - 59:58 - 28 Saves - 29 Shots [W]
New York: Lundqvist - 59:24 - 25 Saves - 27 Shots [L]
Three Stars Of The Game
#1. Mike Modano | Dallas - Game Winning Goal
#2. Marty Turco | Dallas - 28 Saves, 1 GAA
#3. Henrik Lundqvist | New York - 25 Saves, 2 GAA
Referees: Ian Walsh | Mike Leggo
Linesmen: Andy McElman | Lyle Seitz
Goals: Dallas-18 New Jersey-9
Goals Per Game: Dallas-3.0 New Jersey-1.8
Goals Allowed: Dallas-24 New Jersey-9
Goals Allowed Per Game: Dallas-4.0 New Jersey-1.8
Shots Per Game: Dallas-27.7 New Jersey-35.4
Shots Allowed Per Game: Dallas-25.3 New Jersey-23.4
Powerplay: Dallas-14.3% New Jersey-16.7%
Penalty Kill: Dallas-73.3% New Jersey-81.5%
All Time Series: Dallas 48-39-9
Regular Season: 46-35-9 | Home: 27-12-6 | Away: 19-22-3
Playoffs: 2-4 | Home: 0-3 | Away: 2-1
In Dallas: 10-14-0 | Home: 5-8-0 | Away: 5-6-0
Shoot Out: Tied 0-0 | Home: 0-0 | Away: 0-0
Last Game In Series: 11/28/07 | @ New Jersey | Loss 4-2 - Highlights - Game Thread
10/22 - Dallas @ New Jersey
12/21 - Dallas vs. New Jersey
This Season vs the Devils
Powerplay: 0 For 0
Penalty Kill: 0 For 0
Goals: Tied 0-0
Goalies - Dallas: 0-0-0 New Jersey: 0-0-0
[DAL] - Turco () - 0:00 - 0 of 0 Saves - 0 Goals Against
[NJ] - Brodeur () - 0:00 - 0 of 0 Saves - 0 Goals Against
Pacific Division Standings
1st. San Jose, 5-1-0, 10 Points
3rd. Dallas, 2-3-1, 5 Points
4th. Los Angeles, 2-3-0, 4 Points
2nd. Phoenix, 2-3-0, 4 Points
5th. Anaheim, 2-5-0, 4 Points
Western Conference Standings
1st. San Jose, 5-1-0, 10 Points*
2nd. Minnesota, 4-0-0, 8 Points*
3rd. Saint Louis, 4-1-0, 8 Points*
4th. Edmonton, 4-0-0, 8 Points
5th Detroit, 3-1-1, 7 Points
6th. Colorado, 3-3-0, 6 Points
7th. Nashville, 3-3-0, 6 Points
8th. Columbus, 3-3-0, 6 Points
9th. Chicago, 2-2-2, 6 Points
10th. Vancouver, 3-4-0, 6 Points
11th. Dallas, 2-3-1, 5 Points
12th. Calgary, 2-3-1, 5 Points
13th. Los Angeles, 2-3-0, 4 Points
14th. Phoenix, 2-3-0, 4 Points
15th. Anaheim, 2-5-0, 4 Points
X=Clinched Playoff Spot
Y=Clinced Division Championship
Z=Clinched Conference Championship & Presidents Trophy
Strike=Eliminated From Playoffs
Tiebreakers - From NHL.com
1. The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage).
2. The greater number of games won.
3. The greater number of points earned in games between the tied clubs. If two clubs are tied, and have not played an equal number of home games against each other, points earned in the first game played in the city that had the extra game shall not be included. If more than two clubs are tied, the higher percentage of available points earned in games among those clubs, and not including any "odd" games, shall be used to determine the standing.
4. The greater differential between goals for and against for the entire regular season.
Pacific Division Games Played Tonight
Dallas Stars At New Jersey
Anaheim Ducks Vs OFF
Los Angeles Kings Vs OFF
Phoenix Coyotes Vs OFF
San Jose Sharks At Philadelphia
Wednesday 22nd - @ New Jersey - 6:00 PM - FSN Southwest
Thursday 23rd - @ New York I - 6:00 PM - FSN Southwest
Saturday 25th - vs. Washington - 7:00 PM - My27
Wednesday 29th - vs. Minnesota - 7:30 PM - FSN Southwest
Friday 31st - @ Chicago - 7:30 PM - FSN Southwest
Friday 10th - vs. Columbus - Loss 5-4 (OT) - Recap - Scoresheet - Game Stats
Saturday 11th - @ Nashville - Loss 3-1 - Recap - Scoresheet - Game Stats
Wednesday 15th - vs. Nashville - Win 6-4 - Recap - Scoresheet - Game Stats
Thursday 16th - @ St.Louis - Loss 6-1 - Recap - Scoresheet - Game Stats
Saturday 18th - vs. Colorado - Loss 5-4 - Recap - Scoresheet - Game Stats
Monday 20th - @ New York R - Win 2-1 - Recap - Scoresheet - Game Stats
- Tonight's game againist the New Jersey Devils marks the 1,125th regular season game for the Stars since moving to the Lone Star State. Dallas is 598-361-163 in the previous 1,123 games.
- Brenden Morrow has gotten a point in 5 of the Stars' first 6 games.
- Mike Modano is 12 points away from 1,300 career NHL points.
- Mike Ribeiro is two points away from 300 career NHL points.
- Joel Lundqvist is four games away from 100 career NHL games.
- Mike Ribeiro is five goals away from 100 career NHL goals.
- Stephane Robidas is seven games away from 500 career NHL games.
- Philippe Boucher is eight points away from 300 career NHL points.
- Fabian Brunnstrom has posted a point in every single NHL game he has played (3).
- Since the start of the 1996-97 season, New Jersey has notched 11 40-win seasons, most in the NHL, while Dallas has earned 10 40-win campaigns, tied for second in the league during that span.
- The Dallas Stars is 0-0 in shootouts this season, having beaten Columbus in Columbus on Oct. 17 (1-0), Columbus in Columbus on Dec. 3 (3-2), Edmonton in Edmonton on Dec. 18 (1-0), St.Louis in Dallas on Dec. 29 (1-0), and Vancouver in Dallas on Feb. 5 (2-1). The Stars lost to San Jose in Dallas on Nov. 14 (2-0) and to Los Angeles in Los Angeles on Jan. 12 (2-1). Dallas now is 26-8 all time during the shoot outs. To see full stats of the shoot out, Click Here
- Dallas is 117-13-12 when leading after the 1st Period since Dave Tippett took over as Stars head coach four seasons ago. The Stars are 1-0-0 this season.
- Dallas is 1-1-1 when scoring atleast four goals, and 1-0-0 when allowing one goal. The Stars also are 1-1-0 record when allowing three goals or less.
- The Stars will play a total of 15 back-to-back series in 2008-09. The Stars are 2-1-1 in games included in back-to-backs during the 07-08 season. The Stars are 2-0-1 in the first game while 0-1-0 in the second.
- Here are some just random records about your Dallas Stars.
When scoring a PP goal: 2-1-1 | When not scoring a PP goal: 0-2-0
Not allowing a PP goal: 0-0-1 | Allowing a PP goal: 2-3-0
Day Games (before 5 pm): 0-1-0 | Night Games: 2-2-1
Points: Modano & Richards - 6
Goals: Fabian Brunnstrom - 4
Assists: Ribeiro, Robidas, Richards - 4
+/-: Modano & Petersen - +3
Penalty Minutes: Sean Avery - 27
Marty Turco | 2-3-1
Save %: .844%
Shut Outs: 0
Tobias Stephan | 0-0-0
Save %: .800%
Shut Outs: 0
Shoot Out Look
No Shoot Outs
Team: 0 For 0 | 0 Goals
Turco: 0-0 | 0 Saves - 0 Shots | 0 Goals Against
Stephan: 0-0 | 0 Saves - 0 Shots | 0 Goals Against
Team: 0-0 | 0 Saves - 0 Shots | 0 Goals Against
For full look at All Time Dallas Stars Shoot Outs...CLICK HERE