Regular Season Game 25, Overall Game 32
Where: Rexall Place | Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Date: Wednesday, December 3rd
Time: 8:30 PM Central Time
Stars TV/Radio: Fox Sports Southwest | 820 AM WBAP
Oilers TV/Radio: TSN | 630 AM CHED
: 12/02 - W 3-1 - At - Recap - Scoresheet
: 11/30 - L 4-3 - At - Recap - Scoresheet
Official Team Site: DallasStars.com
HF Board: HFBoard.com - Dallas Stars
Fan Site #1: TheStarsFans.com
Fan Site #2: Unofficial Boards
Record: 9-11-4 with 22 Points
Standings: Pacific Division-5th, Western Conference-15th, NHL-27th
Home Record: 3-4-3
Away Record: 6-7-1
Last 10 Games: 4-4-2 [2 Game Winning Streak]
Overtime Record: 0-4 [0-2 Shoot Out]
Official Team Site: EdmontonOilers.com
HF Board: HFBoard.com - Edmonton Oilers
Fan Site: OilFans.com
Record: 10-11-2 with 22 Points
Standings: Northwest Division-5th, Western Conference-14th, NHL-25th
Home Record: 2-3-2
Away Record: 8-8-0
Last 10 Games: 4-5-1 [1 Game Losing Streak]
Overtime Record: 1-2 [1-1 Shoot Out]
The Walzy Injury Report
Dallas - 5 Players Injured
Jere Lehtinen - Injury - Day-To-Day
Joel Lundqvist - Shoulder Injury - Week-To-Week
Brenden Morrow - Torn ACL - Long Term IR
Steve Ott - Hand - Week-To-Week
Sergei Zubov - Lower Body Injury - Day-To-Day
Total Man Games Lost: 79
Edmonton - 4 Players Injured
Fernando Pisani - Broken Ankle - IR
Steve MacIntyre - Upper Body Injury - IR
Ladislav Smid - Mild Concussion - IR
Denis Grebeshkov - Mild Concussion - IR
Total Man Games Lost: 55
Last Game Recap
Opponent: Dallas @ Calgary
Result: Win 3-1
Article #1 - Dallas Morning News - "Makeshift Stars make it happen in 3-1 win."
Article #2 - Fort Worth Star-Telegram - "Stars cap bizarre day with 3-1 road victory."
Article #3 - Calgary Sun - "Turco grabs spotlight."
1st - Dallas (1-0) - 6:14 - Petersen (Robidas | Grossman)
2nd - Calgary (1-1) - 1:44 - Moss (Lombardi | Aucoin)
2nd - Dallas (2-1) - 7:53 - Brunnstrom (Daley | Niskanen)
3rd - Dallas (3-1) - 19:45 - Eriksson (Robidas) [EN]
Dallas: 1st - 5 | 2nd - 8 | 3rd - 10 | Total - 23
Calgary: 1st - 9 | 2nd - 13 | 3rd - 15 | Total - 37
Powerplays: Dallas - 0 For 4 | Calgary - 0 For 1
Faceoffs: Dallas - 25 For 49 | Calgary - 24 For 49
Hits: Dallas - 12 | Calgary - 17
Giveaways: Dallas - 4 | Calgary - 10
Takeaways: Dallas - 10 | Calgary - 12
Blocked Shots: Dallas - 15 | Calgary - 7
Time on Ice: Dallas - Riberio [24:13] | Calgary - Phaneuf [24:48]
Dallas: Turco - 60:00 - 36 Saves - 37 Shots [W]
Calgary: Kirusoff - 58:56 - 20 Saves - 22 Shots [L]
Three Stars Of The Game
#1. Marty Turco | Dallas - 36 Saves, 1 GAA
#2. David Moss | Calgary - Goal
#3. Keith Aucoin | Calgary - Assist
Referees: Dave Jackson | Wes McCauley
Linesmen: Lyle Seitz | Shane Heyer
Goals: Dallas-68 Edmonton-60
Goals Per Game: Dallas-2.8 Edmonton-2.6
Goals Allowed: Dallas-85 Edmonton-69
Goals Allowed Per Game: Dallas-3.5 Edmonton-3.0
Shots Per Game: Dallas-27.3 Edmonton-27.1
Shots Allowed Per Game: Dallas-27.6 Edmonton-32.5
Powerplay: Dallas-14.5% Edmonton-19.6%
Penalty Kill: Dallas-75.5% Edmonton-75.2%
All Time Series: Dallas 77-51-16
Regular Season: 50-36-16 | Home: 29-16-7 | Away: 21-20-9
Playoffs: 27-15 | Home: 14-8 | Away: 13-7
In Dallas: 65-20-4 | Home: 35-10-2 | Away: 30-10-2
Shoot Out: Dallas 3-0 | Home 0-0 | Away 3-0
Last Game In Series: 11/30/08 | vs Edmonton | Win 4-3 - Highlights - Game Thread
11/30 - Dallas 4 vs Edmonton 3
12/03 - Dallas @ Edmonton
01/03 - Dallas @ Edmonton
02/29 - Dallas vs Edmonton
This Season vs the Oilers
Powerplay: 2 For 5
Penalty Kill: 2 For 3
Goals: Dallas 4-3
Goalies - Dallas: 1-0-0 Edmonton: 0-1-0
[DAL] - Turco (1st) - 60:00 - 25 of 28 Saves - 3 Goals Againist
[EDM] - Drouin-Deslauriers (1st) - 59:35 - 22 of 26 Saves - 4 Goals Againist
Pacific Division Standings
1st. San Jose, 21-3-1, 43 Points
2nd. Anaheim, 14-9-3, 31 Points
3rd. Phoenix, 11-11-2, 24 Points
4th. Los Angeles, 10-11-3, 23 Points
5th. Dallas, 9-11-4, 22 Points
Western Conference Standings
1st. San Jose, 21-3-1, 43 Points*
2nd. Detroit, 16-4-4, 36 Points*
3rd. Vancouver, 14-9-2, 30 Points*
4th. Anaheim, 14-9-3, 31 Points
5th. Minnesota, 14-8-1, 29 Points
6th. Calgary, 14-10-1, 29 Points
7th. Chicago, 10-6-6, 26 Points
8th. Nashville, 12-10-2, 26 Points
9th. Columbus, 11-10-3, 25 Points
10th. Colorado, 12-12-0, 24 Points
11th. Phoenix, 11-11-2, 24 Points
12th. Los Angeles, 10-11-3, 23 Points
13th. Saint Louis, 10-10-2, 22 Points
14th. Edmonton, 10-11-2, 22 Points
15th. Dallas, 9-11-4, 22 Points
X=Clinched Playoff Spot
Y=Clinced Division Championship
Z=Clinched Conference Championship & Presidents Trophy
Strike=Eliminated From Playoffs
Tiebreakers - From NHL.com
1. The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage).
2. The greater number of games won.
3. The greater number of points earned in games between the tied clubs. If two clubs are tied, and have not played an equal number of home games against each other, points earned in the first game played in the city that had the extra game shall not be included. If more than two clubs are tied, the higher percentage of available points earned in games among those clubs, and not including any "odd" games, shall be used to determine the standing.
4. The greater differential between goals for and against for the entire regular season.
Pacific Division Games Played Tonight
Dallas Stars At Edmonton
Anaheim Ducks At Chicago
Los Angeles Kings Vs OFF
Phoenix Coyotes Vs OFF
San Jose Sharks Vs OFF
Wednesday 3rd - @ Edmonton - 8:30 PM - FSN Southwest
Friday 5th - vs Colorado - 7:30 PM - FSN Southwest
Wednesday 10th - vs Phoenix* - 7:30 PM - FSN Southwest
Friday 12th - vs Detroit - 7:30 PM - FSN Southwest
Saturday 13th - @ Nashville - 7:00 PM - FSN Southwest
Tuesday 16th - vs Phoenix* - 7:30 PM - FSN Southwest
Thursday 18th - vs Columbus - 7:30 PM - FSN Southwest
Saturday 20th - @ Ottawa - 6:00 PM - My27
Tuesday 23rd - @ Toronto - 6:30 PM - My27
Saturday 27th - vs Anaheim* - 7:00 PM - FSN Southwest
Monday 29th - vs San Jose* - 8:00 PM - FSN Southwest
Wednesday 31st - vs New Jersey - 7:30 PM - FSN Southwest
Tuesday 2nd - @ Calgary - Win 3-1 - Recap - Scoresheet - Stats
- Tonight's game againist the Edmonton marks the 1,144th regular season game for the Stars since moving to the Lone Star State. Dallas is 605-369-166 in the previous 1,143 games.
- Mike Modano's two points against Edmonton gave him 1,300 career points.
- Stephan Robidas's two points against Calgary followed a stretch of just two points in his past 14 games.
- Marty Turco's win over Calgary, extended his greatness over Canadian based teams. Since the 02-03 season, Turco is 47-12-3 against his Northern Bothers.
- Sergei Zubov is just five points shy of tying Bobby Smith for fifth on the franchise's all-time scoring list.
- Mike Ribeiro is two goals away from 100 career goals.
- Darryl Sydor is four goals away from 100 career goals.
- Loui Eriksson has registered a point in six straight games, and in nine of his past 11 games.
- Fabian Brunnstrom registered his first point in his last 9 games.
- Trevor Daley's assist on Brunnstrom's goal now gives him four assists in his last 6 games.
- Matt Niskanen played in his 100th National Hockey League game.
- Dallas has won 6 straight games in Edmonton.
- Dallas' win over Calgary gave them back to back wins for the first time since February 2008.
- The Dallas Stars is 0-2 in shootouts this season. The Stars lost to Los Angeles in Los Angeles on Nov. 11th (2-1) and Anaheim on Nov. 22nd (2-1). Dallas now is 26-10 all time during the shoot outs. To see full stats of the shoot out, Click Here
- Dallas is 123-13-12 when leading after the 1st Period since Dave Tippett took over as Stars head coach five seasons ago. The Stars are 7-0-0 this season.
- Dallas is 6-2-2 when scoring atleast four goals, and 2-0-0 when allowing one goal. The Stars also are 8-3-2 record when allowing three goals or less.
- The Stars will play a total of 11 back-to-back series in 2008-09. The Stars are 4-6-1 in games included in back-to-backs during the 08-09 season. The Stars are 3-2-1 in the first game while 1-4-0 in the second.
- Here are some just random records about your Dallas Stars.
When scoring a PP goal: 7-3-2 | When not scoring a PP goal: 2-7-2
Not allowing a PP goal: 2-2-1 | Allowing a PP goal: 7-9-3
Day Games (before 5 pm): 0-1-0 | Night Games: 9-10-4
Points: Brad Richards - 21
Goals: Loui Eriksson - 12
Assists: Mike Ribeiro - 17
+/-: Stephane Robidas - +8
Penalty Minutes: Sean Avery - 77
Marty Turco | 8-10-4
Save %: .874%
Shut Outs: 0
Tobias Stephan | 1-1-0
Save %: .864%
Shut Outs: 0
Shoot Out Look
Brad Richards: 1 For 2
Sergei Zubov: 0 For 2
Mike Ribeiro: 1 For 2
Loui Eriksson: 0 For 1
Mike Modano: 0 For 1
Team: 2 For 8 | 2 Goals
Turco: 0-2 | 4 Saves - 8 Shots | 4 Goals Against
Stephan: 0-0 | 0 Saves - 0 Shots | 0 Goals Against
Team: 0-2 | 4 Saves - 8 Shots | 4 Goals Against
For full look at All Time Dallas Stars Shoot Outs...CLICK HERE