● Waco Midway- Jeff Hulme
● Mansfield- Daniel Maberry
● Waco Midway 59, Byron Nelson 7
● Mansfield 55, San Angelo Central 37
Winner faces either Arlington High or Southlake Carroll for Regional Finals.
QB Tanner Mordecai- 217 of 367, 3,360 yards, 43 TD’s, 7 Int’s (Oklahoma Commit)
RB James Fullbright- 1,461 yards, 18 TD’s
WR Clayton Williams- 1,299 yards, 17 TD’s
WR DeMarcus Degrate- 627 yards, 12 TD’s
DT Jaxon Player- 98 tackles, 8 sacks (Tulsa Commit)
DE David Benton- 45 tackles, 6 sacks
S Parker Nall- 68 tackles, 4 interceptions
FS Trevius Hodges- 62 tackles, 3 interceptions
QB Shawn Hartsfield- 84 of 162, 1,487 yards, 13 TD’s, 5 Int’s
RB Jaqulis Coleman- 673 yards, 8 touchdowns
WR Jackson Glesson- 809 yards, 9 touchdowns
DE Brian Otwori- 42 tackles, 7.5 sacks
G Jose Aragon- 24 tackles, 6 sacks
DE Robert Shaw- 32 tackles, 5 sacks
CB Casen Cooper- 29 tackles, 6 interceptions
Just The Facts
● Coach Hulme left Mansfield for Waco Midway in 2016 after leading the Tigers to a 12-3 record and the state semifinals.
● This is the fourth matchup between these two teams since 2013 and Midway leads the series 2-1.
● Mansfield is averaging 36.8 points per game and 388 yards per game.
● Midway is averaging 46.8 points per game and 515 yards per game
● Midway hasn’t had a losing season since 2007, when they were 5-6.
● Mansfield has a record of 33-7 over the past three seasons.
Mansfield’s defense vs Midway’s offense. Tanner Mordecai has been simply amazing this season and he has been able to throw for over 3,000 yards and rush for almost 1,000 yards without playing full games down the stretch. The Tigers have had success getting pressure on opposing quarterbacks this season and they were able to force San Angelo Central quarterback Maverick Mcivor to throw two interceptions last week. Mansfield will have get past the wall known as the Midway offensive line and pressure Mordecai into throwing before he is ready.
Brought to you by: