Game Preview: Katy vs Katy Tompkins
Two of the top teams in 6A will face off in Katy on Friday night-Katy vs Katy Tompkins. Both teams score a lot of points and play lights out defense.
WHEN: October 1, 2021, 6 PM Kickoff
WHERE: Legacy Stadium, Katy TX
The Tigers are the defending 6A-Div 2 state champs.
Katy has won 6 of the last 7 meetings over the Falcons.
The Tigers are averaging 35 points per game on offense. Katy is allowing just 10 points per game on defense, led by Malick Sylla.
***Last week: 45-3 winners over Seven Lakes. The Tigers’ defense held the Spartans to just 172 total yards and only 5 first downs.
On offense, Katy is led by:
- QB Caleb Koger: has passed for 630 yards and 9 TD passes on the season. He is coming off a two-touchdown effort in a 45-3 win over Seven Lakes last week.
- RB Seth Davis: 745 yards rushing, 6 touchdowns
- WR Antonio Silva: 5 touchdowns on the season, including two last week in the win over Seven Lakes,
Won last year’s meeting 24-19 over Katy.
The Falcons are average 37 points per game on offense.
The Tompkins offense is led by:
- QB Cole Francis: 1105 yards, 11 TDs, 1 INT. Last week: 228 yards, 2 TDs in 32-28 win over Cinco Ranch.
- RB Collin Marshall: 239 yards and 4 TDs on the season.
- RB Caleb Blocker: 300 yards rushing, 6 TDs on the season. Last week: 120 yards, 2 TDs vs Cinco Ranch.
- WR Joshua McMillan: 348 yards, 2 TDs on the season.
- WR Wyatt Young: 351 yards, 5 TDs on the season. Last week: 5 catches, 119 yards vs Cinco Ranch.
The Falcons’ defense is led by:
- LB Bryce Shaink: 43 tackles, 1 sack, 2 INTs, 5 Tackles for loss on the season.
- Sean Dubose: 24 tackles, 4 sacks, 8 tackles for loss, 1 blocked FG.
Katy vs Katy Tompkins
These are two of the top teams in 6A with loyal and passionate fan bases. If you want to watch a great high school football game in Texas on a Friday night, Legacy Stadium in Katy on Friday, October 1, is where you want to be.
[adsanity align=’alignnone’ id=67800]