Star Wars films are the quintessential pop culture gems of the world. From DeSoto to Alderaan and Lake Travis to Jakku, everyone has enjoyed the genius of George Lucas.
To celebrate May the Fourth – the national Star Wars holiday – we have compiled a comprehensive list of all the times Texas high school football and Star Wars were basically the same.
As always, may the force be with you young padawans. Warp speed!
1. Defeating a team you were clearly favored against
2. Losing against a team you were clearly favored against
3. Trying to impress the cheerleaders
4. The comeback
5. When the HS uniforms are so much nicer than JHS
6. The overlooked and undersized player that suddenly torches the defense
7. The touchdown celebration
8. Pumping up your teammates, regardless of the deficit
9. Seeing the upcoming blitz
10. During a blowout, when the reserves come in
11. Bringing out your star player, who is about to destroy everyone
12. Finding a seam and sprinting into the open field
13. Seeing a loved one in the audience cheering for you
14. When the opposing defense is too good
15. Bonding with teammates
17. Running through the inflatable and feeling invincible
18. When coach makes you run two-a-days
19. Nodding off in class
Brought to you by: