Each week, the TexasHSFootball editorial spotlight and presence will shine on the gridiron matchup that is the talk of Texas. From Amarillo to Laredo, El Paso to Beaumont or Sunrise to Sunset, look for our writing team to cover every angle of the game and the frenzy of the fans. Below are the top five destinations on our radar for this weekend. Tell us what you think should be our Game of the Week. Weekly voting ends Tuesdays at noon (Central), and we’ll announce our game plans each Tuesday afternoon. See you at the pep rally!
— Texas HS Football (@texashsfootball) August 28, 2016
- Argyle vs. La Grange – This matchup has lost a little of its luster with the injury to La Grange’s star running back JK Dobbins, but this one will definitely be a good one. La Grange has some weapons for Argyle to contend with outside of Dobbins, and the La Grange defense will have the task of dealing with the explosive Argyle offense.
- Denton Guyer vs. Desoto – We might have one of the best storylines of the year in the Desoto-Guyer matchup with Shawn Robinson returning to face his old team. Both sidelines will be littered with talent, and the winner will certainly gain some early-season state championship hype.
- Wall vs. Cisco – The Wall Hawks will look to get back on track against Kase Gayle and the Cisco Lobos. If Wall can get their defense in order, this game could come down to the wire.
- Lufkin vs. Nacogdoches – Anything could happen in one of the most underrated rivalries in East Texas. The Nacogdoches Dragons boast a fearsome offense, but anything can happen in these rivalry games.
- Lake Travis vs. Cibolo Steele – The Lake Travis Cavaliers will look to rebound against the Cibolo Steele Knights. The Knights plowed through San Antonio Martin to the tune of 37-7 last week, while the Converse Judson Rockets stunned the Cavaliers with three unanswered touchdowns in the 4th quarter, pulling victory from the jaws of defeat by a score of 35-28.
Poll ends Tuesday at noon.