Diamonds are said to be a girl’s best friend. Diamonds are rare, sometimes hard to find. Diamonds, Rubies, Emeralds, and Sapphires are considered valuable stones that can be classified as gems that can be often hidden and difficult to find.
In Texas, some of our best athletes are sometimes hidden in plain sight. Texashsfootball.com will spotlight Hidden Gems each week and bring exposure to young high school football players who have next level talent , but haven’t been heavily recruited in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex.
Hidden Gems will focus on exposing these young men’s talent to give them the opportunity to shine and aid each player in recruiting exposure.
This week we are in Fort Worth, and our Hidden Gem of the Week is RB Curtis Taylor of White Settlement Brewer High School. Curtis is in the class of 2018.
- Taylor led Brewer in rushing in 2016 with over 1,000 yards rushing. He is a 2 year Varsity letterman.
- 2nd team All – District 6-5A RB.
- Curtis is a member of men’s track 100m and 4x100m relay team. Qualified for UIL Regional meet as freshman and as a junior for 2015-2017(A 3-year Lettermen in track and field).
- Taylor’s best time: 10.7 100m.
- 40 time: 4.5
- Invited to The Opening in Dallas 2016 and 2017
- Invited to Rivals Addias Camp in Dallas( finished in top 15 fastest time in 40 yard dash)
- Invited to Lone Star Prospects Camp 2017
- Top 15 performance at the Nike Combine score: 100.9
- Curtis has a 3.5 GPA.
- Top 30 in the 2018 at Brewer
Major: Physical Therapy with a minor in Sports Medicine
College offers: Texas Wesleyan University
Interest: Tarleton State, Northwestern Oklahoma State, Abilene Christian
What makes him a Hidden Gem?
Curtis Taylor is lighting in a bottle. When he gets in the open field, he is a threat to score from anywhere on the field with his 4.5 speed. Taylor can turn any short gain into a TD run or catch. At 5’9 180, most D-1 schools have over looked him at Brewer. Curtis is a hard worker in the class room and can be found in the Brewer weight room each week. Current Rating: 3 Stars.
Brought to you by: